Experts in results
Today we come with some SEO lessons for WordPress that are useful and easy to apply. Many WordPress SEO guides are very technical in content.
And while this is key, because there are many aspects of SEO that are technical, when you don't have that much experience it can be really overwhelming.
The good news is that we have some tips in the "SEO for WordPress Tutorial" style where we will share some very practical information with you.
Our aim is for you to know exactly what to do to strengthen search engine positioning.
In the course of this post we will address the following:
- Advantages of creating websites with WordPress.
- How to do SEO for WordPress?
- WordPress SEO Plugins.
- The use of Google Search Console.
- Use of XML Sitemaps.
- Valuable content for blogs.
And much more! Find out how to take advantage of WordPress tools to increase web traffic to your site.
Why build your website with WordPress?
Nowadays there are plenty of reasons to create a website and have a space in the digital world at a commercial level. But why make your website with WordPress?
WordPress is a very useful content managerThe best thing is that it has a user-friendly interface, so using it is relatively easy.
In addition, if we notice the SEO for WordPress and the tools it makes available to strengthen web positioning, we see that it offers many opportunities.
In fact, allows you to use Yoast SEO which is one of the best search engine optimisation plugins.
SEO for WordPress: Key points of the tutorial
There are many things you can do to promote SEO for WordPress. We will tell you in this guide what functions you can set up for this. In addition, we will share with you some very useful tools for web positioning.
1. Choose a good SEO plugin
One of the benefits of applying SEO in WordPress is that there are many tools available for it. And in this regard, plugins that facilitate the optimisation of content stand out.
A key thing about WordPress website positioning is that it is best to choose an "All-in-one" SEO plugin. Otherwise you will waste time installing various tools and this will mean more effort.
Two of the best SEO plugins for WordPress They are Yoast SEO and Rank Math. Both have advanced features, are easy to learn and above all are highly professional, limiting technical problems.
So, how to choose the best SEO plugin for WordPress? In the following table we share with you a comparison between the most outstanding options:
2. Take advantage of the benefits of Google Search Console
Another key point about SEO for WordPress is to take advantage of the benefits of Google Search Console, especially because it makes it easy to use free tools.
Google Search Console will allow you to visualise your website in the same way as your visitors do, facilitating interaction with the content.
How to link Google Search Console to WordPress?
- You should have your sitemap already developed.
- Choose the "Sitemaps" option, enter the URL provided by your website with the "sitemap.xml" file, it works like this if you have decided to use Rank Math.
- Click submit and you are done. Google will verify your Sitemap.
2. Incorporate XML Sitemaps
This may be the most complicated part of the WordPress SEO guide, because it is a very technical procedure. Adding the sitemap of your website is essential for SEO positioning.
But, what is the sitemap? It is an index that indicates all the pages of your web site and makes it easier for Google search engines to find your content, facilitating its indexation.
The sitemap helps Google understand the structure of your website, and makes it easier to index your content.
4. Create valuable content on your blog
SEO measures for WordPress when we first start with our website are very much geared towards initial configurations.
But there is a long way to go! It is important that you can create valuable content on your website, which contains key information for your audience and is SEO-strengthened.
Creating posts for your website should be a task entrenched in planning, not just writing for the sake of it. It is not about writing for the sake of it, your content must be optimised for SEOand this is where the SEO plugin will come in handy.
Both Yoast SEO and Rank Math allow you to provide metadata (SEO Title, Slug and Metadescription). And it provides a preview window of this information.
How to optimise your posts with SEO?
- Create a SEO Title that includes your target keyword and is the length suggested by the plugin, including numbers is often a plus.
- Generate friendly linksThe best links include the keyword and are short, no numbers, symbols or anything like that.
- It includes a meta-description, should also contain the target keyword, it is a short text that helps the reader and Google to know what your content is about.
Trending post: How to create a landing page that converts?
5. Keep an eye on categories and tags
In this guide on how to do SEO for WordPress we can't leave out categories and tags. On a technical level this is known as the "taxonomy" of the website.
But what is its purpose? Easy! It is to classify your content to improve the usability of your web site, with a better organisation your users will know how to reach your content more easily.
- The categories help to group your posts together, they also help to create a more dynamic and attractive blog.
- The labels give special attributes to your posts, they are like a small index, but they are not hierarchical.
Other SEO tips for WordPress
To finish our post on how to do SEO for WordPress, we leave you with the following tips:
- Generate internal links in your postsYou should use a natural anchor text that makes logical sense, so that there is concordance between one content and another.
- Take advantage of the OUTGOING LINKS to exchange backlinks between other growing websites.
- Optimise your images in WordPressFor this do two things, the images must be less heavy and must have Alt attributes.
Request an assessment now from our experts in WordPress SEO and take your website to the next step.